Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mom Was Right

Taking your vitamins really IS good advice. A recent British article published that research done by a US team found that a daily dose of 25 mg of Vitamin D can prevent more than 25 chronic diseases.

The most alarming fact about this whole article is that it is published in a UK online periodical and yet the research was done in the US. Why is it that this isn't all over the front page of our local news? I checked MSN - nothing. CNN - nothing. Even FoxNews didn't report it.

Can you imagine stopping more than 25 different cancers simply by upping your dose of vitamin D? All the lives that have been lost to cancer for nothing.

I guess maybe this hits close to home as I have lost two people in which I dearly love to cancer way before their time. It was a painful death to watch, something that changed my life forever. I would like to see more information on this finding and see if on a larger case study it proves to be accurate.

Anyways I guess it is back to more important news such as Tori Spelling is now engaged. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home