Monday, August 29, 2005

To My Little Wonder,

Hey look at this, it hasn't even been a whole year, yet I am writing you again. See that kid? That is why people say miracles still happen. Enjoy it.

I took you to school today for your very first day of first grade. You would be so proud of me; I only barely let a few tears fall this year as I walked away from your class instead of the streaming falls of Niagara of last year.

There we sat outside the school waiting for the morning bell to ring, and you put your little arms around mine and looked up at me with those big beautiful brown eyes and said, "Mom, I am just a little bit nervous". I understand that, and you are right to be. It is a big change moving from care free summers of endless playing and laughter to a world of responsibility and task ahead. That transition is hard for even some adults to handle and they don't have the guts to say it makes them nervous, but you did. I am proud of you, for knowing that you are growing and moving forward.

As you entered your classroom you let go of my hand and waltzed over to the table to find your name with your pencil and crayons. You walked so tall and so certain of what it is you are doing. Oh child, remember to always hold your head high as you did this morning because someday people will be looking to you for leadership. I know it.

I sit at work and wonder how you are doing, if everything went okay at recess, did you make a friend? But I am being a silly Mom. I know you did just fine.

You always do.

Love always and forever, infinity and beyond,Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home