Monday, July 18, 2005

An Urban Farmer

Driving up in his SUV
Through oakley shades, looking at me
A push of a button slides open the garage
His castle to him, more than a mirage

To his field he must attend
Computer parts and programs begin
Upgrading and reformatting drives
With sparkle and excitement in his eyes

Sipping a latte he completes his day
Trimming herbs out of the garden in the window bay
A dash of oregano and a pinch of basil
A pizza with sun dried tomatoes in the oven sizzles

Tucking into the night in 400 count sheets
Another day he completes
Tomorrow forging on with new task
Solving challenges under his corporate mask

In the front doorway I stand
With my chai tea still warm in my hand
Watching my urban farmer drive away
Off to go slay the dragons on a Monday

1 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

Ha! I make me laugh ... okay this one was just for shits and giggles. Are you laughing yet?

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home